Information for Candidates
Certified Candidate Information
- Candidate Contact Information
- Key Dates
- By-law 8999-2017 Election Related Reources Policy
- Consolidated Election Signage Policy
- Form LC10_LC11_Declaration of Proper Use of Voters List
- Form 4: Financial Statement-Auditors Report
Candidate Information Sessions
Thursday, July 7, 2022
Thursday, July 21, 2022
To run for municipal office, you must be nominated and qualify.
To be a qualified candidate you must be:
- a Canadian Citizen; and
- at least 18 years old; and
- reside in the Town of Smiths Falls or be the owner or tenant of land in the Town of Smiths Falls, or the spouse of an owner or tenant of land in the Town of Smiths Falls.
Nominations will be accepted at the Municipal Office during regular business hours from May 2, 2022 until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day).
Nominations must include:
- the prescribed Nomination Paper form (see link below)
- the prescribed Declaration by at least 25 persons endorsing the nomination who are eligible to vote (see link below)
- a Declaration of Qualifications (see link below)
- a completed Consent to Release Personal Information (see link below)
- the prescribed nomination filing fee:
- $200 for Mayor
- $100 for Councillor
Candidates are requested to bring proof of identity and residence and the unsigned forms with them to the Municipal Office where they are to be signed in front of the Returning Officer or Deputy Returning Officer and filed.
You must make an appointment to file your nomination papers.
Nadine Bennett, Deputy Clerk
613.283.4124 Ext. 1130