Public Notice: Applications sought for Planning Advisory Committee
TOWN OF SMITHS FALLS
PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
An individual is being sought for membership on the Planning Advisory Committee for the remainder of this Council term (ending November, 2022).
The Planning Advisory Committee is appointed and authorized by Council to undertake specific administrative advisory and approval functions under the Planning Act. This includes the holding of all statutory public meetings required in consideration of planning applications, the review site plan applications and the review of background reports, studies and processes associated with policy development activities.
Pursuant to Section 8 of the Planning Act, the Planning Advisory Committee has been tasked with providing advice to Council on the following matters:
- Official Plan Amendments;
- Zoning By-law Amendments;
- Major Site Plan Control applications and amendments thereto;
- Subdivision and Condominium Applications;
- Class 2 Development Permit Applications
- Any policy development initiatives as directed by Council.
Pursuant Sections 44 and 53 of the Planning Act, the Planning Advisory Committee has been delegated to fulfill the role of Committee of Adjustment on the following matters:
- Minor variance applications;
- Permissions to change or extend legal non-conforming uses;
- Interpret the Zoning By-law where a term is defined in a general matter;
- Applications for consent and related land division functions
Completed applications, whether by delivery, fax, email or regular mail addressed to the undersigned, will be received until 4:30 p.m. on., Thursday November 4th, 2021 from any member of the general public who desires to have their name considered for appointment.
The Terms of Reference, Policy for Appointments and the Application Form are available from the Clerk’s Office or on the Town’s website at: https://www.smithsfalls.ca/government/committees-of-council/
Nadine Bennett, Deputy Clerk
Town of Smiths Falls
P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T6
Fax: (613) 283-4764
Resumes/Applications will be protected pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for the purpose of this competition.