Public Notice: Smiths Falls seeks full time By-law Enforcement Officer
The Town of Smiths Falls
Requires One (1) Fulltime
Bylaw Enforcement Officer
The Town of Smiths Falls is a vibrant, progressive single tier municipality with a population of 9,000. One of Eastern Ontario’s most scenic communities, we are centrally located within an hour of Ottawa, Kingston, Brockville and the US border.
The Town provides a high quality and affordable life for its residents, with beautiful heritage buildings, two theatres, a charming downtown, and world-class museums and recreational facilities. Enjoy our thriving cultural scene with live music, foodie finds, a local brewery, and dozens of community events – all at the heart of the Rideau Canal, Ontario’s only UNESCO World Heritage site and a gateway to the region’s abundant lakes and waterways.
The Town is accepting applications for one (1) fulltime Bylaw Enforcement Officer:
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
By-law enforcement services, including but not limited to enforcing, investigating, reporting, responding to complaints/inquiries, issuing violation tickets/orders, and/or warnings, administration and the collection of fees in situations of non-compliance in accordance with our protocols.
- Conduct foot and mobile patrols of downtown areas, streets, municipal/private lots as directed by the Town for the issuance of tickets for parking and other by-law infractions.
- Enforcement of all provisions in the Animal Control By-law as well as pick up, seizure for stray animals, dangerous dogs, and includes transportation of dogs/cats to animal establishment.
- Administrative duties necessary regarding parking fines.
- Attendance in court when required.
- Enforcement of the Property Standards Bylaw which can include (but is not limited to), inspections, order issuance, and working with homeowners to gain compliance.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Community College Diploma in Law Enforcement, Municipal Law Enforcement Officer Course I or equivalent combination of education
- Previous experience as a By-law Enforcement officer or related experience in municipal by-law or law enforcement (1-2 years)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email
- Valid Class G Licence
- Current Police Records Check
- Property Standards Officer or Municipal Enforcement Officer related certification would be an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Tuesday February 15, 2022 to Lynda McKimm, Human Resources Advisor, Town of Smiths Falls, P.O. Box 695, 77 Beckwith Street North, Smiths Falls, Ontario, K7A 4T6 or via email at email@example.com
The Town of Smiths Falls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to ensuring all candidates are able to participate in the interview process fully and equally. If contacted for employment, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about the collection of Information should be directed to the Clerk at the address indicated above.